dmd support for IDEs

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Tue Oct 13 13:53:24 PDT 2009

Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:33:54 +0200, Ary Borenszweig thusly wrote:

> language_fan wrote:
>  > "Practical" languages
>> have lots of boiler-plate, and I can easily generate hundreds of lines
>> of code with a couple of key combinations or mouse clicks.
>
> Can you give some examples? I can only think of some that generate some
> lines of code, not hundreds.

For instance simple things like setters and getters for an aggregate
class easily generate tens of lines of code (well, not only code lines,
but also other kinds of editable lines). Like lutger said, all kinds of
transformations also come in mind in this context. There could be even
ORM mapping utilities which generate all the code for accessing the
database structures.