Revamped concurrency API

Bartosz Milewski bartosz-nospam at relisoft.com
Wed Oct 14 14:10:41 PDT 2009

bearophile Wrote:

> >it's hard for me to subscribe to the "good enough" philosophy (as long as it's better that C++, it's fine for D).<
>
> D language is largely grown, and not designed. D is not Scala or Haskell.
>  So I think some of the design mistakes of D2 will be fixed in D3 :-)

With every release of D we are narrowing our options. After D2 and TDPL, backward compatibility will become a major thing, so every ad-hoc feature in D2 will have to be carried over.

Why is C++ so bad? Not for lack of brainpower. It's because it fell into the compatibility trap (essentially from day one).

There are some areas of D, like Andrei's ranges, that are well thought out and theoretically sound (we hope), but there are also hacks upon hacks that make my hair stand on end.