A time to turn -

Justin Johansson procode at adam.com.after-dot-com-add-dot-au
Thu Oct 15 04:03:27 PDT 2009

- the page.

Is this a D1 or a D2 discussion forum?

I find it rather humiliating to respond to a post in a D1 context and later finding out that the
OP was coming from a D2 context.*

(*In reference to a post I made earlier today re XML for D, ranges, streams etc.)

It's time to split digitalmars.D into, say, digitalmars.D1 and digitalmars.D2, and perhaps
saving digitalmars.D as digitalmars.DX for *very*, *very* general discussion.

Worse still is to think that newcomers may feel a significant probability of humiliation
because of the confusion and hence *do not* contribute.  This cannot help the common cause.

What's your opinion?