A time to turn -

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:33:35 PDT 2009

Justin Johansson wrote:
> - the page.
>
> Is this a D1 or a D2 discussion forum?
>
> I find it rather humiliating to respond to a post in a D1 context and later finding out that the
> OP was coming from a D2 context.*
>
> (*In reference to a post I made earlier today re XML for D, ranges, streams etc.)
>
> It's time to split digitalmars.D into, say, digitalmars.D1 and digitalmars.D2, and perhaps
> saving digitalmars.D as digitalmars.DX for *very*, *very* general discussion.
>
> Worse still is to think that newcomers may feel a significant probability of humiliation
> because of the confusion and hence *do not* contribute.  This cannot help the common cause.
>
> What's your opinion?

D1 isn't supposed to change that much and development of the language
only happens in the latest version (2). The newcomers along with any
user who considers them selves experienced but not quite sure on a
particular thing, should ask those questions in D.learn. Also
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/d is a great place but there
is no point in Dx groups.