dmd support for IDEs and the D tool chain

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Oct 16 12:24:33 PDT 2009

"Denis Koroskin" <2korden at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:op.u1v7jdgco7cclz at korden-pc...

> Yes, it's a DMD port. Unfortunately, there is no other mature D front-end
> at present. Other folks are working on D compilers (dil, dang, ...) but
> the progress is very slow.

FWIW, I've been meaning to try to write a D grammar for GOLD when I get a
chance (the Haxe grammar I wrote only took a few days). If that pans out
(depends just how simple and unambiguous the grammar is), then that could be
used with Goldie as a starting point (ie, lex/parse would be taken care of.
Semantic analysis, optimization and back-end would need to be added in).