dmd support for IDEs and the D tool chain

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Oct 16 22:06:46 PDT 2009

"Christopher Wright" <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hbarno$188s$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 10/16/09 12:58, Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
>>> GtkD supports Glade.
>>
>> Yes, but GtkD doesn't use native controls.
>
> A minor point, I think. Eclipse doesn't look very native and has
> widespread acceptance.

Probably not as minor as it might seem. I find eclipse ugly. And although
I'd never really thought about it before, I have to admit, I think it *is*
one of the many factors as to why it's always felt too "bloated" for my
tastes.

Besides, I can think of things (lots of things, in fact) that are pure
steaming piles of (well, one can guess), but even despite that have still
managed to gain widespread acceptance.