dmd support for IDEs and the D tool chain

Eric Suen eric.suen.tech at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:31:01 PDT 2009

"Christopher Wright" wrote
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 10/16/09 12:58, Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
>>> GtkD supports Glade.
>>
>> Yes, but GtkD doesn't use native controls.
>
> A minor point, I think. Eclipse doesn't look very native and has
> widespread acceptance.

SWT wrap native controls, and Eclipse is build on SWT, but for an
application
like Eclipse, use system provide native controls is no enough, you have to
write some custom control. Here is the problem, Java developers just unable
write good looking GUI components or applications using any library, neither
Swing nor SWT. for examples, Swing is really powerful GUI frameworks, Java2D
is quite powerful, and Swing is very flexible, but most Swing applications
are
really ugly.

Eclipse doesn't look very native because they using ugly tab for layout, you
can change that by provide your owner theme. more than 99% controls in
Eclipse
are native controls...

There is the link of custom theme for Eclipse:

http://www.agpad.com/images/ide_m.png

Eric