64-bit

Just Visiting nospam at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 05:06:20 PDT 2009

Last things I remember:

- DmD is strictly 32-bit
- Someone ported a chronically outdated D-compiler variant to Linux x86_64

The ideas behind DmD looked promising to me. But most of my programs showed at least a 2-fold performance increase once they were re-written for 64-bit. Therefore 32-bit compilers are just wasting my time, and this is why I've lost track of DmD.

After a certain waiting period I'd now like to know from the well informed amongst you if there are any indications that DmD will eventually evolve to support current CPU architectures?

Thanks.