bug fix is slower

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:17:00 PDT 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:55:44 +0400, dolive <dolive89 at sina.com> wrote:

> Eldar Insafutdinov дµ½:
>
>> dolive Wrote:
>>
>> > bug fix is slower,should speed up the progress, fix more than 200 a
>> month.
>> > Very much looking forward to, thanks all !
>> >
>> > dolive
>> >

>> What have you personally done to make it possible?
>>

> sorry£¬I am a beginning student£¬I would like to try to do IDE,but I
> found that there are 1324 issues in http://d.puremagic.com/issues/.
>
> thank you re me !
>
> dolive

You can't measure software quality by a number of bug reports. For
example, GCC bugzilla contains more than 5000 bug reports. Does it mean
anything to you?

Number of bug reports may only indicate how large user base is, not how
buggy it is. You must know that there is no software without bugs.

An introduction to "Applied Microsoft .Net Framework Programming" by
Jeffrey Richter contains the following section that I'd like to quote:

"""
THIS BOOK HAS NO MISTAKES

This section's title clearly states what I want to say. But we all know
that it is a flat-out lie. My editors and I have worked hard to bring you
the most accurate, up-to-date, in-depth, easy-to-read,
painless-to-understand, bug-free information. Even with a fantastic team
assembled, things inevitably slip through the cracks. If you find any
mistakes in this book (especially bugs), I would greatly appreciate it if
you would send the mistakes to me at: ...
"""