64-bit

Just Visiting nospam at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 16:30:11 PDT 2009

Before I answer the previous message I'd like to thank
everyone for their feedback which was pretty helpful.

Now to Nick:

I really do not intend to offend anybody but you should
actually think before you question the necessity for
fast/responsive programs. People like you have used
similar arguments since the IT stone age. They usually
judge from the standpoint of their own momentary CPU
performance requirements.

If I'd use your comments during my next business meeting
we'd all have a good laugh. But I won't because I'll give
you the chance to think this over:

My girl friend is driving a Porsche (no Italian sports car, sorry).
Who do you think had to pay for it? Yeah, you guessed right,
it was the guy who is tweaking software, so a bunch of
computers can survive their replacement by a year or two.
I just wonder what car make she'd be driving if I told my clients
to use patience - instead of paying myself to get their analysis
software to finish the job in a fraction of time.

Cheers.