dmd support for IDEs and the D tool chain

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 18 01:49:20 PDT 2009

Eric Suen wrote:
> Because of many programming language is not design for speed, there is
> no point to write a compiler in there native language. Even Java's compiler
> is writtern in Java, why not D? Compiler bootstrapping is very basic
> technique,

Doing this would make it more difficult than necessary to move D to new
platforms, and would make it more difficult than necessary to adapt it
to other back ends which are usually implemented in C or C++.

> Does Walter Bright use D for any projects himself?

dmdscript, Empire, Microemacs, and any new utilities I write, such as
the D archives generator.