Revamping associative arrays

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Oct 18 10:56:56 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu:

>I'm not sure whether much or any of this is attainable within D2.<

The things I've written about aren't all equally important and they don't require the same amount of work to be implemented. I am sorry for writing that gazpacho.
There are two things that I think are more important that can implemented now: the opEquals among AAs, and the default iteration with foreach on the keys. The other things can wait.
The opEquals among AAs requires probably less than 20 lines of code.
Two persons (plus Walter, of course) have said they don't like to iterate on the keys first. The other people have kept muzzle shut so I can't tell yet.

Bye,
bearophile