dmd support for IDEs and the D tool chain

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Oct 19 02:57:06 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:
> (BTW I'm taking (but haven't yet finished) a compilers class so I might
> be missing something)

That's one of my gripes about compiler classes, they expend enormous
effort on the simplest part of a compiler - the lexer/parser.

In working on the D compiler, I easily spend less than 1% of the effort
on the lexer/parser.

Plug: you should sign up for my compiler construction seminar! We don't
waste much time on the simple stuff, and do the hard bits instead. /Plug