LRU cache for ~=

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Oct 19 21:40:40 PDT 2009

Rainer Deyke wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Rainer Deyke wrote:
>>> If the caller wasn't expecting the array to be modified, then that's a
>>> textbook case of memory corruption.
>> [citation needed]
>
> I guess we need to define memory corruption first.  "Memory corruption
> is when a piece of code erroneously overwrites memory."

Where's that quote from?

That definition is too vague to be of any use. Even an int that's
written with a value when the spec meant to write another value is
erroneously written and would be, by your definition, memory corruption.
  It is not.

> That applies
> here.  Do you have a better definition?

I do, but since you mentioned a textbook case of memory corruption, I
was curious which textbook that wold come from. That's why I asked for a
_citation_. A vague useless ad-hoc definition is easy to put together.

Andrei