(Another) XML Module Candidate

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Oct 20 06:50:44 PDT 2009

I've built an XML parsing library in the last few months as an
experimentation of D2 template capabilities and as an attempt to work
with ranges. The idea is that if successful enough it could become part
of Phobos 2. You can use it to do tokenization as an event parser or a
pull parser or a mix of the two; and there's a small DOM built on top
of the tokenizer.

It didn't turn out as elegant as I would have hoped but it works and is
probably  as fast as Tango's pull parser (when used as a tokenizer) but
I haven't tested. The library certainly is incomplete: well-formness
checking is partial, it doesn't support documents with an internal
subset in the Doctype, the DOM that comes with it is very crude and the
tokenizer will need some small adaptations to work with arbitrary input
ranges (currently it accepts strings only, but reads them mostly in a
range-like way).

I don't have much time to improve it right now, so if someone else
wants to fix the remaining issues and add more polish perhaps it could
be a great addition to the D standard library.

Here's the current API docs:
<http://michelf.com/docs/d/mfr/xml.html>
<http://michelf.com/docs/d/mfr/xmltok.html>

And here's the code:
<http://michelf.com/docs/d/mfr-xml.tgz>

(It's not mentioned anywhere, but I'm willing to put this code under
the boost license.)

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com