No header files?

BCS none at anon.com
Wed Oct 21 15:14:48 PDT 2009

Hello Yigal,

> On 21/10/2009 23:59, AJ wrote:
>
>> Since D has no header files, how does one create "a library" that
>> another developer can use without exposing the implementation?
>>
> D does have header files with the extension .di which can be either
> auto generated and/or manually edited. IMO this is a design mistake
> carried over from c/c++.

What would you prefer?

Aside from a better library format you need something to give DMD the information.
Switching to a better library format has several issues including requiring
more tools to make them and view them as well as it doesn't solve the problem
of linking with C libs that don't and never will use this new format. Not
fatal issues I'll grant, but what we have works NOW.