No header files?

AJ aj at nospam.net
Wed Oct 21 15:16:48 PDT 2009

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.u157hfkveav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:59:52 -0400, AJ <aj at nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Since D has no header files, how does one create "a library" that another
>> developer can use without exposing the implementation?
>
> try dmd -H.
>
> .di files are D header files, basically used for the reason you specify.

OK, so header files can be generated. The thing is though, when I am
designing at the code level, I start with the declarations (such as class
data members and methods) and do the implementation (or one can hand it off
to someone else) afterwards. That serves as the "blue print" for further
development and remains as first level of documentation as well. Working
with just "implementation files" seems to be putting the cart before the
horse. While eliminating something unnecessary is something to strive for, I
don't think header files are unnecessary in the development process (i.e., I
don't think that relegating them to just the situation given with my OP is
good, exactly for the reasons of usefullness I gave).