No header files?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Oct 21 17:01:38 PDT 2009

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> the only valid IMO use case for header files is for linking libs - the
> compiler can handle just find binary formats for that.

I was originally going to go with a binary format for that - but it
turned out to be pointless. dmd is so fast at parsing, there simply was
no advantage to replacing the text file parser with a binary file parser.

If you consider the .di file as a "binary format", I think you'll find
it fulfills all the purposes of it, as well as being human readable
without needing a pretty-printer.