Semicolons: mostly unnecessary?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 19:01:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:42:31 -0400, AJ <aj at nospam.net> wrote:

> Apparently it is NOT off-topic (someone else said: "hey, all you guys who
> don't want semicolons: find another language or create your own!").
> While I
> wasn't proposing to change D, I wasn't NOT suggesting it, necessarily,
> for
> consideration in some version down the line (or what D could maybe morph
> into).

Your suggestion that you were not proposing to change the D language is
either supremely misleading, or flat out lying.

The original post said "Why not eliminate the requirement for semicolon
statement terminators."  If you didn't mean D, then what the hell are you
talking about?  And why on the D newsgroup?

This is a very very old argument.  It's been argued about 5 times on this
newsgroup alone.  And one more time isn't going to change anyone's mind.
Find another topic.

-Steve