Semicolons: mostly unnecessary?

Ali Cehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 12:49:01 PDT 2009

AJ Wrote:

> Why not eliminate the requirement for semicolon statement terminators
> (unless there are multiple statements per line)? Less typing is "more"!

A number of times in this thread, you claimed that you were not proposing anything but merely asking "Why?".

You may have very well intended that, but your two statements above form a proposal. At least for the English speaking people in Silicon Valley, they do... When followed by that incomplete phrase, it forms a proposal.

Considering almost infinite "why not" proposals one might bring, yours is as silly as any other.

Also, I will not guess what you mean with "more" of less typing. I know that removing semicolons would have "more typing" of the backspace key for people coming from any language that currently requires semicolon.

Ali