No header files?

BCS none at anon.com
Thu Oct 22 15:03:08 PDT 2009

Hello aJ,

> "BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
> news:a6268ffbc118cc2111f7478a3e at news.digitalmars.com...
>
>> Note that I'm assuming the avalability of a tool (like DMD has) to
>> automaticly generate sutch a document.
>>
> Doesn't fit my development process.

Just add A flag to your build and you got it.

>>> So, it would appear, that if I am to write in D, I will be writing
>>> .di files just like I write .h files in C/C++. OK.
>>>
>> Nope.
>>
> Uh huh!!

If you write D the way the people who developed it intend you to write it,
you will never hand write a .di file for d code.

>> The only time you should ever write a .di file by hand is as bindings
>> for a non D codebase.
>>
> Now we're going in circles (in this thread). It has been said that I
> don't have to change my development process to use D (I use C++ now).

/I/ never said that

> Now I'm unsure about .di files. Are they like .h files or not? Does D
> have classes that are like C++ classes that can be declared in .di
> files and are not just "interfaces"? What is the definition of
> "interface" in D? I think in C++ isms and generally accepted OO
> terminology for that kind of thing, but I don't know D-isms at this
> time (for the most part).

FWIW, I'm not talking about language constructs like classes and interfaces.
I'm talking about interfaces as in the thing the compiler needs so that it
can error check code not defined in the current module.

What a .di file is is a .d file with everything striped out that DMD wouldn't
look at anyway if it was imported from another module.