Semicolons: mostly unnecessary?

AJ aj at nospam.net
Thu Oct 22 19:51:03 PDT 2009

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:hbqj12$25a6$1 at digitalmars.com...
> AJ wrote:
>> Why not eliminate the requirement for semicolon statement terminators
>> (unless there are multiple statements per line)? Less typing is "more"!
>

> You'll find every argument and point of view on this here:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9wlb7/proggitors_do_you_like_the_idea_of_indented/

Great! Thanks! I'll look there for sure.

I was on the D site last night trying to search the D archives, but the
search capabilities are so meager. I found a good post on 5/8/08 I think it
was (about semicolons), but didn't feel like wading thru mud to find earlier
posts. So, I'm asking, is there a good way to search the archives, via
subject line etc.? There's other stuff I'd like to investigate there also.
I'd download 70000 msgs to my newsreader, but I'm only using OE so can only
do 1000 at a time. That would be a great/efficient way to get up to speed on
D history. Recommendations? (Yes, I can use another newsreader if need be).