Semicolons: mostly unnecessary?

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Oct 23 05:57:05 PDT 2009

AJ Wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
> > AJ wrote:
> >> It just does full text searches. Advanced searching (by subject,
> >> poster etc.) is not available as in Google Groups (as far as I can
> >> tell). I would like to search subject lines only.
> >

> > It's not google groups. It's google.
>
> It's not that lame ass shit, I was trying to research 70 thousand posts (70
> thousand? whoa that's a lot))... hello!

Me thinks that the use of semicolons should be optional.

Therefore you have 10 options:

  use a programming language that has semicolons in its syntax, or
  use a programming language that does not have semicolons in its syntax.

And if you don't like that answer, consider that a semicolon is otherwise
what's left after you have half of your intestines removed.