Targeting C

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Oct 23 09:29:09 PDT 2009

Yigal Chripun:

> Ranges are already part of the compiler because of foreach, can we also
> add language support for Range literals?

In both iota and other possible implementations I'd like the arguments used by Python range/xrange, they are optimal, and better than the currently ones used by iota.

And being ranges lazy and eager (strict) so common, I may want both versions, so I don't need array(iota(...)) (all this is present in my dlibs). What about xiota for the lazy version? Or maybe aiota for the eager version? :-)

Bye,
bearophile