Targeting C

grauzone none at example.net
Fri Oct 23 17:20:40 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Pelle Månsson wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what the type of "list" is supposed to be, but this
>>> works today for arrays:
>>>
>>> list ~= array(iota(0, 10));
>>>

>>> Andrei
>> What does iota mean?
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_range.html#iota
This link jumps straight to:

Take!(Sequence!("a.field[0] + n *
a.field[1]",Tuple!(CommonType!(B,E),S))) iota(B, E, S)(B begin, E end, S
step);

Wow, please tell me this is a ddoc malfunction. I mean, that thing left
to iota is supposed to be a type?

(OK, it _is_ a malfunction, but that thing is still supposed to be... a
type?)