LLVM 2.6 Release!

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Sat Oct 24 08:12:05 PDT 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:40:03 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Justin Johansson wrote:
>> Looks like Christmas is arriving early this year folks ... just got
>> this pressy from the LLVM team/Chris Lattner in my inbox.
>>
>> I'm sure a number of D people will be excited about this announcement.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Justin Johansson
>>

>> Hi LLVM Friends, Fans, Followers and Fanatics,
>>
>> LLVM 2.6 is live! You can download it here: http://llvm.org/releases/
>> and read about it here:
>> http://llvm.org/releases/2.6/docs/ReleaseNotes.html
>
> This is awesome news, and I'm glad the the ldc people are keeping an eye
> on D2.
>
> I wonder what's the status regarding exceptions on Windows or Windows
> support in general. I couldn't find information through a summary search
> through the release notes. My understanding is that currently there is
> no release at all of ldc. Is that correct?
>

> Andrei
There is a 0.9.1 release announcement visible on the LDC project page (
http://dsource.org/projects/ldc).
LLVM 2.6 will be the base of the next release.
But the LDC devs like to upgrade to the newest DMD "working" frontend
first, because of the latest regressions.
Hopefully that will be 1.051.

Regarding exceptions on windows.
The LLVM team has no (intermediate?) plans so far to add exception
support for windows. They lack of manpower (iirc, they only have one
windows dev).
There is some effort to implement it in LDC, but it's tedious work.
Nevertheless, thumbs up!