LLVM 2.6 Release!

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Oct 24 17:34:11 PDT 2009

Justin Johansson wrote:
> btw. What's the latest ETA for TDPL?

Thank you for your interest. I plan to send a complete draft out on Nov
9. We're less stable with threads than I'd want, so probably the Nov 9
draft will not include the threads chapter. Then we'll pipeline reviews
and editing with writing the last chapter and the threading API.

We could use all the help we can get with threads and all other aspects
of the language. I understand the mighty attraction of a conversation
about semicolons, but I would have hoped someone would find the time and
motivation to e.g. experiment with the MRU cache for the ~= operator. It
looks like in the end it's down to Walter, Don, Sean, and myself for
completing everything there is to be completed. Hopefully we'll find
ways to cooperate with David Simcha of integrating his concurrency work too.

Andrei