What Does Haskell Have to Do with C++?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Wed Oct 28 02:25:30 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/what-does-haskell-have-to-do-with-c/
>

> Bartosz's second part of 'Template Metaprogramming Made Easy (Huh?)',
> its quite a read :)

Yes, it is excellent. Two comments:
(1) Bartosz's D examples make me seriously question 'static foreach'
which is scheduled for implementation (bugzilla 3377).
If implemented, it will be a source of frustration, since it will not be
very usable inside templates. The ability to exit from a 'static
foreach' is something which is possible with a 'return'-style syntax,
but is not possible with the 'eponymous template hack'.

(2) It seems pretty clear that we need to allow the eponymous trick to
continue to work when more than one template member is present. I think
everyone who's ever attempted template metaprogramming in D has proposed
  it!