LLVM 2.6 Release!

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Wed Oct 28 06:57:07 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> Justin Johansson wrote:
> > Denis Koroskin Wrote:
> >> Amazon mentions March 15, 2010:
> >> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321635361/modecdesi-20
> >
> > Thanks; just had a look at that link.
> >
> > Did Andrei give a preview of the table of contents somewhere?  I'd
> > certainly welcome a chapter (or at least a detailed honorable mention)
> > on LLVM though perhaps that would be outside of the scope of his book.
>
> An overview of LLVM/ldc would be outside of the scope of the book, but I
> encourage you to write about it and I'll make sure I'll insert a pointer
> in the book.
>
> Andrei

Sorry Andrei; I missed this reply by you until now.

My interest in LLVM is largely outside of D  but I think it is a really important
technology for the future of D.  (I have another non-D LLVM project that
I'm working on in slow time.) Currently I don't actually use ldc because of
its Tango affinity.  Nevertheless it would be good if you can get someone from
the ldc community to produce a salient one-pager on why LLVM for D to
make reference to in your book.

Justin