ICE: template.c:806: failed assertion `i < parameters->dim'

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Oct 28 09:18:12 PDT 2009

On 10/28/09 16:32, Don wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I have quite a big project and when I compile it I get this internal
>> compiler error: template.c:806: failed assertion `i < parameters->dim'.
>> I don't know what could cause that error so I don't know where to look
>> in my code to try to produce a small test case and report an issue.
>> I'm using quite a lot of templates, template mixins and string mixins.
>
> Bugzilla 2229. Was fixed in DMD1.049.
> There have been about 60 ICE bugs fixed since 1.045.
> I want to find out what the regressions are that are stopping people
> from using the latest DMD -- it's time for the ICE age to end.

I haven't been using any later version because of various known
regressions, I think they've been solved know. I tried to compile Tango
trunk with DMD trunk and it failed with:

/Users/doob/development/d/tango-trunk/build/user/../../user/tango/io/compress/BzipStream.d(270):
Error: var has no effect in expression (w)

It's returning a value in a void function.

I don't know if it's a regression that hasn't been solved or if it's
something wrong with Tango.