More PC Precision Stuff

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 29 07:10:38 PDT 2009

dsimcha:

> Since this is such a rare case in practice,<

I don't think this is a so uncommon case, I use something similar for my memory pools. But if handling this makes your code too much complex, then it may be acceptable to ignore it anyway.

Two persons have shown the need for D benchmarks that stress the GC, so I am translating the Olden benchmarks to D. You can find two of them already in D on my site (in several variants) and I'll add more (but some of those variants use memory pools that you will not scan if you adopt that simplification). Such benchmarks (and other ones I have already) can be used to test your changes to the GC.

Bye,
bearophile