The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Oct 29 07:12:46 PDT 2009

Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> It's a rough rough draft, but one for the full chapter on arrays,
>> associative arrays, and strings.
>>
>> http://erdani.com/d/thermopylae.pdf
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
>>

>> Andrei
>

> It's a very pleasant read, and it looks good. I guess I'll have to buy
> the book. :)

Thanks! Very glad to hear you like it.

> I just have two comments:
>
> Code snippet in 4.2.1: Why do you suddenly use postfix array declaration
> here?

Oops... I'd planned to simply pretend it doesn't exist. Thanks, I fixed
that now.

> Code snippet just before 4.4.3: ("yowza" !in aa) doesn't work, at least
> not with DMD 2.035. It has to be !("yowza" in aa). Very annoying.

Walter is planning to effect that change. By publishing time, there
won't be any red and any pink in the book! (One nice thing about the
book is that it gives us a good idea on what to work on. Walter has been
on an incredible streak lately, and Don adds amazing value.)

Andrei