The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Max Samukha spambox at d-coding.com
Thu Oct 29 11:59:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:30:35 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

>It's me as well. The decision didn't go without a fight (I had your
>viewpoint and Walter didn't). He convinced me with two arguments. One is
>that 90% of the time you actually want T[], not T[n].

The argument may be flawed because, out of those 90% of arrays, only
small part may be initialized from array literals. Many (most?) are
created with new or appended. I suspect dynamic arrays created from
literals are as rare as static arrays in real world code. Probably,
I'll investigate how exactly rare.