Is it possible that the Karmic upgrade interferes with dmd?

Michael Mittner m.mittner at shebang.at
Thu Oct 29 16:19:49 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:

> It could be that the C library routine strtold(), which the lexer relies
> on, changed. That has nothing to do with linking.

Hmm. This is where dmd struggles:

641:    [0x1.a5f1c2eb3fe4efp+73, 0x1.A5F1C2EB3FE4EFp-1,   74],    // normal

I have no idea how the lexer works, but that sounds pretty plausible when I
look at that constant in there.

Anyway, after further investigation I figured out that it's a unittest, so I
just commented it out and it compiles now without problems. Maybe it's just
a fluke, I guess we'll see if someone else will have the same problem. I,
for one, am satisfied; my code compiles, and that is all that counts.

Some additional info: I tried it with dmd 1.050 too, same thing. My Tango
import is a rather current checkout, I diff'd against a checkout I made
about 15 minutes ago and the problematic file is the same as in Tango's
trunk. And nothing compiles as soon as I import tango.math (which in turn
imports IEEE.d).

-Mike