associative arrays: iteration is finally here

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Oct 29 17:02:20 PDT 2009

"Pelle Månsson" <pelle.mansson at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hcaaro$15e4$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I think foreach should be consistent with opIn, that is,
> if (foo in aa) { //it is in the aa.
>   foreach (f; aa) { // loop over each item in the aa
>     //I expect foo to show up in here, since it is "in" the aa.
>   }
> }
>
> I use key iteration more than I use value iteration, and it is what I am
> used to. It is, as you say, a matter of preference.

I've thought for a long while that "in" should be value-based (so you can do
things like "if(foo in [1,2,7,9])" instead of the not-as-nice
"if([1,2,7,9].contains(foo))"), and that there should be some other way to
check for the existance of a key (like "aa.hasKey(key)" or "key in aa.keys",
or something like that). I need to check for values in an array much more
often than I need to check for keys in an aa.