The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Don nospam at nospam.com
Fri Oct 30 08:06:36 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Justin Johansson, el 30 de octubre a las 08:42 me escribiste:
>>> Actually, I think I like that better than 'traits'.
>>>
>>> -Lars
>> I'm in agreement with whoever suggested 'meta' or just about anything else except  'traits'.
>> 'meta', whilst perhaps an overloaded keyword, is still much more user-friendly.  Whenever
>> I see 'traits' I get the feeling I need a Ph.D. to understand what it's about.  For some reason,
>> I don't know why, 'meta' has an aire of karma about it.
>
> "compiler"? That could open the door to other types of access to compiler
> internals, AST, etc.

Yup. I think the 'magic namespace' approach is a simple, clean way to
incorporate reflection. It could be like Object and TypeInfo, implicitly
available in every module and tightly coupled to the compiler, but can
be viewed by the user as if it were just a module. It'd be particularly
interesting if some of the functions _were_  actually implemented in
library code, when possible.