The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Oct 31 09:22:27 PDT 2009

Max Samukha:

> While those are important, I am still not totally convinced that
> dynamic arrays initialized from literals occur often in production
> code. It remains a matter of opinion.

In script-like code literals are common. So when you consider your production code you must count that script-like code too. D is not a scripting language, but it offers some things that allow it to "scale down". Collection literals are one of the things that make D more handy than other lesser languages like C++.

Bye,
bearophile