Grand Central Dispatch & Blocks in Apple's C

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 07:07:42 PDT 2009

Michel Fortin Wrote:
> > Plus, they have OpenCL.  I've seen about a half dozen OpenCL examples
> > specifically for non-Mac machines, but none bother to tell you how to
> > actually GET an OpenCL implementation, or if they're even available.  *sigh*
>
> OpenCL is Apple's baby, no wonder they're a little ahead in their
> implementation. Just be pacient, I'm sure others will appear soon.

The specification is overseen by the Khronos group, Apple was a major contributor, and they had the original idea. But its not their work alone :)

ATI already has a beta implemention of OpenCL, nVidia has one it releases to developers but I am too lazy to fill in the long form with just "i want to toy with it" answers.

Hopefully these both reach release quality at the same time D handles 'shared' correctly :)