Apple Blocks added to C++?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Sep 2 03:18:28 PDT 2009

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:h7l6hu$a75$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>> news:h7l32i$ev$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> I find it strange that people are continuing to reinvent nested
>>> functions in ugly ways.
>>
>> No offense, but Ruby and Python users would probably get a good chuckle
>> at hearing the D creator saying that ;)
>
> Perhaps they would, but I think they would agree that a nested function
> should follow the same syntax as a regular function.

Oh, I didn't notice until now that your "I find it strange..." post was
referring to nested functions. The link was talking about anonymous
functions (although maybe using them like nested funcs in some cases), and
then I didn't read your post carefully and thought you were saying "people
keep reinventing anonymous functions in ugly ways".