Compiled dmd2.032 in VC++ 2009!

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:50:45 PDT 2009

div0 Wrote:
> Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Sweet. If dmd can compile w/ VS outa the box, I'll start poking around
> in it. Hey you can knock mirco-soft all you like, but VS is the nuts.

Yeah, I side with you here. I may not be a fan of the business model Microsoft uses, but their IDE is oh so sweet. I wish D had such a powerful and full-featured IDE. I use Descent on Ubuntu and Poseidon on Windows; both have their pros and cons yet I don't feel at home like I do in VS in either of them. Poseidon is simple, light and fast, but doesn't have that many features, although the customizable syntax highlighter, project manager and very simple build process are awesome. Descent on the other hand has a very nice syntax analyzer and tons of features, but requires eclipse which is too heavy for my tastes (thanks to java), has no syntax customization so new keywords are marked as errors, and the build process is a pain to setup, even with ant.

Anywho, I've sent my patch for VC++ compatibility to Walter, hopefully the changes will get into the next dmd release.

> - --
> My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
> http://www.ssTk.co.uk

I've seen that quote in a comment on slashdot a few weeks ago!