Error: mixin is not defined (dmd v2.032)

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Sun Sep 6 10:44:29 PDT 2009

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 07:15:14 -0400, Tyro <nospam at home.com> wrote:

> the following appears on line 876 of control.d in the DFL package:
> mixin OpApplyAddIndex!(opApply, Control);
>
> Attempting to compile it results in the following error message:
> control.d(876): Error: mixin is not defined
>
> I've compiled my copy of DFL with every release of dmd starting with
> v2.021 only encountering this problem with the release of v2.032.
>
> Here is another problem that cropped up with this release:
> control.d(783): Error: identifier 'HWND' is not defined
>
> I'm not too worried about that one because it was easily resolved with:
> private import std.c.windows.windows: HWND;
>
> Any ideas?

If you check the DMD 2.032 thread over in the announce list, you'll find
my posts on this problem. I filled a bug, 3301, but it looks like what
really happened is DMD 2.032 exacerbated bug 258. I have already submitted
a patch to Chris.

Here's the patch
https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-3842113_1-t_VRRBqZAG

Here's my copy of DFL
https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-3615403_1-t_VRRBqZAG

I hope this helps.

BTW, the private import std.c.windows.windows: HWND; fix won't work on
Tango systems and the mixin is located over in collections.d.