Derelict+Tango

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:17:32 PDT 2009

Kamil Dabrowski wrote:
> Well, I'm trying to compile Derelict with Tango and I see the following output from dmd:
>
> warning - io.File functionality has migrated to static functions within io.device.File
> buildme.d(176): Error: class buildme.Builder D compiler and phobos' object.d are mismatched
> buildme.d(248): Error: class buildme.BudBuilder D compiler and phobos' object.d are mismatched

> Well, what's wrong?

Well, since Moritz and Jacob have already covered io.File (which isn't
actually a compilation error; just a warning), let's look at the actual
error here:

you're trying to use either the current stable or an old trunk version
of Tango.  This doesn't work.  If you're using DMD 1.045+ you need a
recent Tango trunk that you'll have to build yourself OR you'll have to
patch and build Tango 0.99.8 from source.

That or downgrade to pre DMD 1.045.