Compiled dmd2.032 in VC++ 2009!

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 7 07:45:32 PDT 2009

Don:

> I think that even DMD should be using a 128-bit emulator for
> internal constants, regardless of the machine precision.

Can you tell me why?
(Note: LDC supports 128 bit integers too. Maybe even 128 bit floating points).

> the compiler should not depend on NaNs being handled correctly in the
> C++ compiler.

By "C++ compiler" do you mean the back-end? I think GCC, LLVM, ICC and DMD support NaNs well enough (LLVM supports signaling NaNs too, they say me).

Sorry for not understanding your post fully,
bye,
bearophile