Modern Windows GUI visual styles

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 9 12:09:53 PDT 2009

On 9/9/09 11:19, Valery wrote:
> Recently I spent a few hours to find a way to enable a new styles of Windows XP controls from the code (without manual created external manifest files, resource files, ...). The only solution I found in DFL library and it looks quite complicated.
>
> Maybe should create that function at the level of the compiler or linker?

There is no good solution for this problem. I was working on this for
DWT and you somehow always need to have a manifest file. The problem is
that windows doesn't load the correct dll and that's what the manifest
file is for. You can look at the bottom of
http://hg.dsource.org/projects/dwt-win/file/210994f12c4c/README.txt for
a couple of options. If I remember correctly DFL creates a manifest file
at runtime and then loads it.

/Jacob Carlborg