Template Metaprogramming Made Easy (Huh?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Sep 11 13:10:06 PDT 2009

"Justin Johansson" <procode at adam-dott-com.au> wrote in message
news:h8dh5s$1nru$1 at digitalmars.com...
> bearophile Wrote:
>> Justin Johansson:
>> >I'm somewhat reluctant to discuss Scala too much here as this is a D
>> >forum,<
>> Discussing other languages is allowed here, especially if they show good
>> things or bad things that may help D development.
>
> Okay.  Thanks for mentioning that, bearophile, and your other reply
> comments noted.
>
> Since I'm still feeling D around the edges, would you mind saying what
> salient things there are about D that presumably attracts to the language.
> It just helps to know why others are here as one ventures into new
> territory.

In my case, a big part of it was because, as far as I can tell, D is the
only real modern systems langauge besides C++, and after years of using C++
as my primary language, I've grown to hate it and see it as a pathetic
lumbering undead corpse that keeps getting thoughtlessly patched up and
reanimated and just won't die. And beyond that, D's one of the very very few
modern langauges out there that doesn't try to cram *anything* down my
throat, whether it be a VM or a pedantic development style or philosophy.