Writing a language parser in D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Sep 14 17:41:50 PDT 2009

"Justin Johansson" <procode at adam-dott-com.au> wrote in message
news:h8m6qs$300b$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Can D people please recommend suitable tools for generating a parser (in
> D) for an LL(1) grammar.  There's bound to be much better parser generator
> tools available nowadays, since my last foray into this area 10+ years ago
> with YACC.  I've heard of tools like bison, SableCC etc but apart from the
> names know nothing about them.
>
> (Note.  This question is not about writing a parser for D.  It is about
> writing a parser in D for another language which has an LL(1) grammar).
>
> Thanks in advance for all help.

If you can't find anything you like for LL and don't mind switching to LALR
instead, I've recently released Goldie (
http://www.dsource.org/projects/goldie ) which works in conjunction with
GOLD Parser Builder ( http://www.devincook.com/goldparser/ ). If you're
familiar with GOLD, Goldie is a GOLD Engine for D. I do plan to add support
for LL eventually, but that's kind of a ways off for now.