Template Metaprogramming Made Easy (Huh?)

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:41:25 PDT 2009

language_fan wrote:

> Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:25:46 +0200, Lutger thusly wrote:
>
>> That's a fancy way of saying that anyone who has not studied CS is a
>> moron and therefore cannot understand what is good about languages, thus
>> they lose any argument automatically. Am I right?
>
> I just recommend learning basic concepts until terms like generational
> garbage collection, closure, register allocation, immutability, loop
> fusion, term rewriting, regular languages, type constructor, virtual
> constructor, and covariance do not scare you anymore.

Right right, I don't disagree with that. It was more the 'ruby/python
programmers make apps no-one uses using amateur tools | c-family users
worship FOO and the rest are academics that use pure functional languages'
part that tripped me up. You know, the majority of software isn't built by
academics, NASA uses C mostly, etc. A little nuance wouldn't hurt here.