Elliotte Rusty Harold's take on Java

Justin Johansson procode at adam-dott-com.au
Wed Sep 16 21:31:38 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> *** What he was saying in that article sounded good...right up until he implied
> that all primitives should always endure the bloat of always being full
> objects.

> It really bugs me though that it's taken the industry until the last few
> years to *FINALLY* start noticing that Emperor Java is missing it's clothes.

Yes, I knew that *** was incompatible with D doctrine (and mine) but certainly a lot of what he said was a wake-up call that might spawn a few interesting discussions in this camp.

Perhaps if people take home something from the article that they want to talk about here, it might be an idea to quote the relevant bit and fork this thread (with new subject line as appropriate) so we don't end up with another tangled thread like the Hud? one last week.

<JJ/>