How Nested Functions Work, part 2

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Sat Sep 19 18:09:56 PDT 2009

Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:44:33 -0700, Walter Bright thusly wrote:

> Lutger wrote:
>> Cool article, I posted a comment. Reddit seems to be going downhill
>> fast though, it's even worse than slashdot.
>
> I know, the negative comments don't even make any sense.
>
>> Are locally instantiated templates used in phobos?
>
> Yes.

I read the comments and I think some of them are justified. You cannot
really expect the way you built dmd to be the only alternative. Efficient
closures can be implemented differently if you have a VM that supports
precise generational gc, region inference, and the language is a bit more
value oriented (= functional).