How Nested Functions Work, part 2

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Mon Sep 21 13:50:15 PDT 2009

Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:42:47 +0000, language_fan thusly wrote:

> I am not talking about getting a degree from some university. I have
> already said that you can read it all yourself if you do not like the
> pace they use to teach the same stuff. But still, it *is* computer
> science. You cannot really invent it all by yourself without studying
> existing work.

On the other hand, if you think you have re-invented from scratch
everything we know about computer science topics today, by all means, do
not hesitate to contact me. I am sure I can hire you. I am also sure
folks like Turing, Knuth, Hoare, Kleene, Milner, McCarthy etc. would be
proud of you since you can come up in a split second with much more
complex topics than they invented in their whole lifetime. In that case
it also makes sense to not call it computer science, because of geniuses
like you, it is not worth calling a true form of science anymore, just a
mere child's play.